Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Doldrums

It's slowly starting to sink in that the job I sank so much of myself into over the past seven years is now just GONE. I catch myself mulling over old failures and pointing to mistakes, thinking "that's the one" that got me laid off. But truthfully, the $$ was what got me laid off.

Still I kind of wonder why people would want to hire someone who was obviously not valuable enough for her old job to make allowances to keep. I always thought my job was essential to the function of the business. I guess not, if they can outright eliminate it.

It kind of makes me want to go to bed and stay there for a few weeks. But lord knows I can't do that... so I drag myself out of bed and go through the motions of writing resumes and data mining all of the job sites for potential leads. Bleah. I hate it.

This weekend, hubby and I are going to do a full inventory on the Painted Kitty stock and see what we can do to pep up the shop again. It's been running on autopilot for too long. I need to get some of my umph back into it.

So stay tuned for new products and new pictures and hopefully some cheerful posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment